We all feel a little extra excited for the change of the seasons, especially when fall comes around. It’s the season all of us go back to school (or even if we don’t we still get that feeling of something new starting) and there’s one big holiday after another. Here’s some of my favorite things I’ve been doing to make the crisp morning air and bright painted leaves last in my memory for as long as possible.
- Make the perfect fall playlist to relax to. This is something I try to do every fall, mixing some old favorites as well as new songs that have a relaxed vibe so I can unwind at the end of my day. Light a candle with this playing, throw on a face mask, and DE-STRESS. If you want to listen to my playlist I have made this year, click the link below. I have been listening nonstop in the morning while getting ready as well as every night when I come home (and of course, I’m listening to it right now!).
Autumn Leaves playlist link: https://open.spotify.com/user/12510561/playlist/4IQhpPtYDPgeNWZN8xlZyl
2. Go to the pumpkin patch. This is kind of a given, but even if you don’t celebrate Halloween you can still enjoy your pumpkins through Thanksgiving and can make yummy roasted pumpkin seeds!
3. Make a yummy fall recipe. Below I made up my own recipe of pumpkin pasta with brown butter and sage, but there are so many great fall recipes you can make, from pumpkin chocolate chip muffins, to butternut squash soup. So many yummy foods are in season so definitely take advantage of them! Below I will link some of my personal favorite recipes for when the weather starts to get a bit more chilly.
Some great recipes off my Pinterest that are amazing!
- Mushroom Soup: https://bitesofwellness.com/best-ever-mushroom-soup/
- Gnocchi with Sage, Butter, and Parmesan: https://www.bonappetit.com/recipe/gnocchi-sage-butter-parmesan
- Butternut Squash and Sweet Potato Soup: http://carlsbadcravings.com/thai-butternut-squash-sweet-potato-carrot-soup-with-roasted-honey-sriracha-squash-seeds/
- Pumpkin Nutella Crepes: http://carlsbadcravings.com/nutella-pumpkin-crepes-recipe/
- Salted Caramel Apple Pie Cookies: https://yummyaddiction.com/salted-caramel-apple-pie-cookies/
4. Make some fun Halloween costumes! I’ve never been good at dressing up for Halloween, but this year my best friend and I (along with about six other girls) made costumes from a plain white tee shirt and black felt. We were all a bunch of domino pieces! It was super fun and made me realize that getting a costume or making a costume can be fun, cute, and cheap!
5. Go on a walk in the crisp morning air and stomp through the leaves. Need I explain more? Its exercise and fun, especially when you make a stop for breakfast at a donut shop.
6. Go to a football game. Everyone knows I know nothing about sports, but going to a fall football game is a classic thing to check off your bucket list for the season!
7. Read a great book. Right now I am super into murder books, just because a book needs to keep me very at the edge of my seat for me to read it ahaha. Currently I’m reading “Ina Dark, Dark Wood” by Ruth Ware which is amazing so far! Another one of my favorite books is “The Butterfly Garden” by Dot Hutchison. Both are murder mysteries. I have also been wanting to re-read the Harry Potter series this fall as those books are both classics and perfectly themed for the autumn season. Let me know any good fall reads you have or what you are currently reading now!
“In a Dark, Dark Wood” : https://www.amazon.com/Dark-Wood-Ruth-Ware/dp/1501112333
“The Butterfly Garden” : https://www.amazon.com/Butterfly-Garden-Collector-Trilogy-Book-ebook/dp/B016ZNRC0Q
8. Go on a mini road trip and enjoy the beautiful fall colors! Ok, I got lucky on this one. I live in California, but was lucky enough to be visiting my best friend in Oregon for the weekend. We took a mini road trip to Sweet Cheeks Winery right out of Eugene, and saw the most amazing colors on the drive. Even the grapevines were a beautiful bright yellow!
And that’s it! Those are my top things to do this fall to add onto your bucket list! Feel free to let me know what other things are your favorites to do in the fall I would love to try them out! Much love to you all and hope your autumn lasts long and you make some wonderful memories with friends and family.